Even if you run your air conditioner in Chalmette, LA all day long, staying cool throughout the summer can be tricky. It’s even harder if you want to stay cool and save money on your monthly energy bill! The good news is that saving a few bucks while also staying comfortable isn’t impossible. Keep reading to learn a few tips to lower your cooling bill throughout the summer:
- Schedule a tune-up: Annual AC maintenance is essential if you want your unit to function properly throughout the summer and stand the test of time. Better yet, that professional tune-up will keep your unit as energy efficient as possible You could notice a huge decrease in your cooling bill by scheduling a tune-up today.
- Make repairs right away: Tune-ups are proven to reduce the chance of a midseason breakdown, but that doesn’t mean you’re totally in the clear. Be sure to call your AC technician as soon as you notice any AC issues. As units begin to breakdown, they get less energy efficient. You could be losing tons of money by running an AC unit that’s slowly breaking down.
- Buy a new unit: Air conditioners tend to get less energy efficient as they age, which means your cooling bill will be higher each month. If your unit is getting up there in years, you should seriously consider investing in new air conditioning installation in Chalmette, LA. Though it’ll set you back initially, a new unit will save you money each month. Over time
- Close curtains: We shouldn’t have to tell you that the sun can drastically increase the temperature in your home. Make sure you close those curtains, blinds or shutters during the day to block out the sun and keep the inside of your house as cool as can be.
- Run your ceiling fans: Your AC doesn’t have to be the only source of cool air in your home. Instead of relying solely on central air, flip on the ceiling fans in your home to circulate cool air. Ceiling fans cost a lot less to operate than your AC and can often cool rooms just as effectively.
- Adjust your thermostat: Running your air conditioner 24/7 will certainly keep your house cool, but that’s unnecessary and is a huge waste of money. Turn your thermostat up before you leave for the day and before you head to bed each evening. Experts say you can save 10 percent on your energy bill by simply turning your thermostat up seven degrees during the day.
- Change your air filter: You already know that changing your air filter at least once a month will prevent a lot of problems with your HVAC system, but did you know that changing it can also keep your unit more energy efficient? Swap out that filter and you could immediately start to see the savings.
Whether you’re looking to buy a new air conditioner or you need AC repair in Chalmette, LA, be sure to call JMB A/C & Heating LLC! We’re your best choice when you need a full-service heating and cooling company for your home or business.