A yearly HVAC maintenance appointment might not be at the top of your to-do list in New Orleans, LA, but skipping it could cause you some major headaches. It’s already warming up in Louisiana, which means it won’t be long before your family will want to camp out next to the air conditioner all summer long. Don’t get caught without a functioning air conditioner—schedule your air conditioning tune-up as soon as possible. Here’s why it’s so important:
- Catch problems before you need major repairs: You probably haven’t used your air conditioner in a few months, which means there may be some problems lurking. Instead of finding out on a 90-degree day with 100 percent humidity, schedule your air conditioning tune-up before the weather gets unbearable. If there are any problems, your HVAC tech will find them and fix them—before they turn into expensive, time-consuming repairs.
- Cut down on energy bills: When you regularly tune up your HVAC system, you’re likely to see energy savings. Like any piece of machinery, your HVAC unit works best when it’s clean and well maintained. If it hasn’t been cleaned and tuned up—or if you’ve neglected to change the filters as you should—the air has to work that much harder to get past dust, leaky ductwork and malfunctioning components. That translates into much higher energy costs.
- Extend your HVAC system’s lifespan: The better shape your HVAC unit is in, the more likely it is that it will last years longer. That’s because an HVAC tune up isn’t just about making sure everything works—it also includes lubricating the moving parts, cleaning the evaporator coils, changing filters, removing blockages and checking for leaks. The better your system runs, the longer it will run overall.
- Keep your warranty intact: Your air conditioner might actually require yearly tune-ups to keep the warranty valid. The last thing you want to do is neglect your yearly HVAC maintenance in New Orleans, LA, only to find out the warranty is void when you ask for a replacement. Stay on top of your yearly checkups to ensure you get the most out of the warranty.
- Prevent water damage: Did you know that malfunctioning air conditioners can actually cause water damage? A clogged drain line or broken water pump can send water down into your ceilings and walls, which can require expensive repairs. It may also encourage mold and mildew growth, which are difficult to remediate.
- Stay comfortable all summer long: Finally, and most importantly, servicing your HVAC unit means you’ll stay comfortable year-round. No one wants to live in a hot, humid oven—keep that air conditioner running perfectly when you schedule a yearly checkup.
As you can see, it’s wise to check up on your HVAC unit before you need to use it every day.
When you’re ready to schedule your yearly air conditioning tune-up in New Orleans, LA, reach out to the technicians at JMB A/C & Heating LLC. We’ll make sure you stay cool all summer long.
Categorised in: HVAC Service