Fall has arrived, and winter is not too far behind. With fall comes unpredictability, and with winter comes a lot of cooler weather. Now is the time for you to make sure your furnace is ready to go for the season, and to seek out heating repair if you need it in Chalmette, LA.
There comes a time, though, where repairs aren’t enough, and you need to take a serious look into furnace replacement. But how do you know when you’ve reached that point?
Here is a quick overview of some of the most common signs that it’s time for you to replace your furnace:
- System age: The most important factor with regard to replacement versus repair of a furnace is likely to be the age of the system. If the furnace predates your ownership of the home, you’ll need to look up the system’s model number or find its owner’s manual to determine how old it is. There’s also a chance there’s a label that indicates its date of installation. Generally, you can expect to get 15 to 20 years out of a furnace, so long as it’s been well maintained, but your experience there may vary.
- Decreased efficiency: If you still have problems with efficiency in the furnace even after repairs, to the point where your system is costing you more money on your energy bills, it may be time for you to look into a newer, more energy-efficient model.
- Uneven heating: In some cases, you might notice different rooms in your home are getting different levels of heat, or may not be heated at all. This could very well be due to the furnace, as older furnaces will have a harder time distributing heat evenly throughout the home.
- Frequent repairs: If you repair the system once or twice and it gets back to your typical standard of operation, then you’re probably good to keep relying on the system for the foreseeable future. However, if you start to notice you need to repair the system much more frequently, then it’s probably a sign your furnace is getting toward the end of its usable life.
- Unusual noises: Generally, strange noises such as rattling, buzzing or humming are a sign that your furnace needs to be repaired. But if you keep having these issues over and over or repairs don’t resolve them, then it’s likely time to replace the furnace due to structural issues, such as leaks or cracks.
- Humidity issues: If you’ve been having problems with high or low humidity in your home, this could be a problem with your furnace. This is especially problematic if you have wood floors and features. You need to be able to keep the humidity in your home within a certain range.
These are just a few examples of some of the most common issues indicating a need to replace your furnace. For more information about furnace replacement and repair in New Orleans, LA, we encourage you to contact JMB A/C & Heating LLC today.
Categorised in: Heating Services