As the summer really hits its stride, it becomes all the more apparent how much we rely on air conditioning to enjoy the oppressive Louisiana summers. You’ll want to make sure your entire HVAC system is in good repair, and a big part of that is keeping an eye out for any repairs the system might need. With this in mind, JMB A/C & Heating LLC has put together the following useful tips for our customers to help them nip problems with AC repair in New Orleans, LA in the bud before they turn into major issues:
- Warm air: If warm air is blowing out of your vents, your first move should be to check the thermostat. Be certain that it’s set to COOL. If that’s not the problem, you could be looking at a compressor issue or an issue with restricted airflow.
- Trust your nose: Bad odors emanating from your AC could mean that you have a microbial issue, most commonly mold. You’ll want to call a qualified air conditioning professional who can provide a complete cleaning job that will get the system in good shape once again.
- Trust your ears: Most air conditioners make some sort of noise when they’re running, but you eventually get used to them to the point where you can tell if a noise is abnormal. Perhaps there’s a rattling or buzzing noise, which means a part might be loose somewhere in the system, or a whistling or grinding sound, which could mean you need serious air conditioning repair in New Orleans, LA.
- Leaking water: Water leaks mean that something is amiss with either the unit’s refrigerant or the condensation that it’s producing. Fluids that have accumulated near your unit mean something isn’t right and it’s time to call for AC repair in New Orleans, LA.
- Frequent cycles: If your air conditioner is “kicking on” more frequently than it typically has in the past, it might just need a basic tune-up. However, this problem can quickly turn into a larger issue, so don’t assume it’s nothing serious and let it linger too long.
- High humidity in the house: The air conditioner was actually originally invented as a dehumidifier—the cooling effect was just a bonus. If the humidity in your home still feels high even though the air conditioner is running, it could mean that you need a recalibration or tune-up.
- Poor airflow: Having restricted airflow is the worst enemy of any HVAC system. Cycling in a steady supply of fresh air is critical to keeping the system working as intended, and poor airflow could mean that you need to replace a filter or even repair a motor.
Air conditioning systems are complex machines. They require regular maintenance by qualified professionals like those at JMB A/C & Heating LLC. We can work with you to make sure your air conditioning system is well maintained and in good repair—that way, it’ll always be there for you when you need it most in the heat of the summer. For AC repair or maintenance in New Orleans, LA, get in touch today!
Categorised in: AC Repair