The HVAC system in your commercial building works hard to keep the air cool in the summer and warm in the winter, and investing some money into commercial heating repair in Chalmette, LA as needed can make a huge difference in the system’s performance. Many aspects of your operation can be impacted if temperatures inside the workplace are not consistent. Productivity levels can drop, safety becomes a concern and your energy bills may soar, all of which you do not want. There’s also little chance of anyone being happy and comfortable while inside a building with frequent and ongoing HVAC problems.
Preventative maintenance helps ensure your HVAC system functions properly and efficiently, but keep in mind that repairs will still be needed in time. Pay attention for strange odors, poor indoor air quality, unusual sounds, a reduction in system efficiency, inconsistent airflow throughout your building and higher heating or cooling bills than you’re used to. Call a local HVAC technician to address any these warning signs.
The following are the most common reasons for commercial HVAC system issues:
- Lack of regular maintenance: If you own a commercial building, the professionals highly recommend that you invest in a quality preventative HVAC maintenance program or plan. These types of plans ensure that regular inspections and routine maintenance are performed so minor heating and cooling problems get fixed early. In fact, regular checks and tune-ups can prevent most HVAC performance issues. The appointment helps the technician identify and correct issues that keep your system from functioning as it should.
- Leaking refrigerant: Your air conditioner needs refrigerant in order to produce cold air. Refrigerant cools and dehumidifies indoor air, which it cannot do when there is not enough refrigerant in the unit. When your HVAC system doesn’t have enough refrigerant, it can’t work properly. It won’t produce air that is cold. The inside of your building may get uncomfortably hot, while the condenser ends up working overtime.
- Dirty air filters: Just like your home’s air filter, the filters in your commercial HVAC will get worn and dirty with use. If these filters are clogged with dust, dirt, pollen and other debris, then your HVAC system—especially the air conditioning unit—will be forced to work harder, which reduces the life of the system and increases energy costs. Check and replace your air filters frequently (suggested intervals can be found in your owner’s manual) to improve HVAC performance and indoor air quality.
- Temperature inconsistencies: During the winter months, you might notice a particular problem with your commercial heating in Chalmette, LA: improper air balance. The cooled or heated air travels through a lot of ductwork before flowing out through the vents. If the air doesn’t reach its destination at the desired temperature, you may need to balance the dampers.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: In some cases, the problem is not with your HVAC system itself, but with the thermostat. Your thermostat is the component that regulates the timing and amount of desired air the unit should produce. A malfunctioning thermostat causes temperature fluctuations, leading to an uncomfortable indoor work environment.
When you need commercial heating repair in Chalmette, LA, contact the team at JMB A/C & Heating LLC. We handle complete HVAC repair, from furnace parts to air conditioner components. Reach out to us 24/7 for emergency service!
Categorised in: Heating Services