Though today’s models are built to last for about 15 years or so, furnaces often run into problems that necessitate some kind of repair, often because the unit is blowing out cold air. Before you pick up the phone and call an HVAC technician, we recommend trying to troubleshoot the problem yourself. Continue reading to learn a little bit more about furnace troubleshooting in Chalmette, LA:
- Check the thermostat: This one may sound obvious, but make sure that your thermostat is set to AUTO instead of ON. If your thermostat is set to ON, the furnace blower will continue to run even when the furnace isn’t heating the air. This will obviously make it seem like the furnace is broken. By switching the setting to AUTO, the fan will only blow out air when the air is hot.
- Change or clean the filter: If your space is warm, but not warm enough for your liking, you should check to see if the filter needs to be swapped out or cleaned. A dirty filter blocks airflow, making your home less comfortable on chilly days and nights. Make a habit of changing your filter each month to ensure your home is comfortable, and that you’re not spending a fortune on your heating bills.
- Relight the pilot light: If you have a gas furnace and it’s not producing hot air, the pilot light has most likely gone out. Follow your manufacturer’s instructions on how to relight it, and you should be good to go! If the pilot light doesn’t stay lit, however, you’ll need to call an HVAC pro for furnace repair in Chalmette, LA. Your technician can make repairs or adjust the pilot to ensure it stays lit.
Call us now for your annual inspection
Since you may need to start using your furnace soon, now is the time to set up an inspection with a professional HVAC contractor. Here are a few of the benefits of a maintenance visit:
- Prolong lifespan: It should go without saying that furnaces are not cheap appliances to replace, so be sure yours lasts for as long as possible by having it professionally maintained each fall! A quick maintenance appointment adds years to your furnace’s life, meaning you shouldn’t have to worry about replacing it anytime soon.
- Prevent breakdowns: By scheduling an annual maintenance call, you can totally avoid all of the furnace troubleshooting in Chalmette, LA mentioned above! A quick tune-up ensures your furnace runs as smoothly as possible throughout the winter.
- Retain your warranty: Many warranties have stipulations that the furnace must be professionally serviced each year. By not scheduling a maintenance call, you could accidentally void your warranty. If you haven’t already, it’s time to schedule a call to ensure this doesn’t happen to you.
Whether you need a quick tune-up or furnace repair in Chalmette, LA, be sure to contact our team at JMB A/C & Heating LLC to tackle the job! We have years of experience with all sorts of furnace makes and models, so you can rest easy knowing that your appliance is in good hands.
Categorised in: Heating Services