If you’re experiencing troubles with your home’s heating, ventilation and air conditioning system, you may be facing an uncomfortable choice: should you invest in the repairs necessary to fix your existing system, or should you purchase a new HVAC system for your home altogether?
HVAC repair in Chalmette, LA may be right if your system is still relatively new. If you’re experiencing high energy expenses, however, you may want to consider the benefits of HVAC installation in Chalmette, LA.
Whether you decide to repair or replace your home’s HVAC system will largely depend on the age of your system, the severity of the issues it’s experiencing and your own plans for your home.
Ultimately, there’s no right or wrong decision that you can make when it comes to HVAC care—you should weigh all the costs and benefits associated with repairing or replacing your system, and make the decision that’s right for you. However, here are just a few of the things that you should take into consideration:
- Anything over 10 years old should be replaced: The average HVAC system lasts about one decade. If your system is over 10 years old, you shouldn’t even bother repairing it. You should instead take advantage of new technologies and advances in HVAC efficiency and climate control.
- Repair recently installed systems: If you’ve purchased your system in the last five years, you should almost always opt to invest in HVAC repair in Chalmette, LA, rather than replacement. If your system is only halfway through its likely lifespan, replacement is probably premature.
- Consider comfort: If your existing HVAC system wasn’t doing a great job of keeping your space cool and comfortable before it encountered a repair issue, you should factor this into your decision. You may want to replace it with a larger or more powerful unit better suited to your home.
- Replace anything with R22 Freon: The federal government is halting the production of R22 Freon in 2022. This means that it will be virtually impossible to repair any Freon-dependent system in the coming years. You should opt to replace any system that still uses R22 Freon. Production of units that use R22 only stopped in 2010.
- Factor energy expenses into your final decision: While it may seem like replacing your HVAC system is the more expensive option, in actuality it may save you a significant amount of money in terms of your energy expenditures. Purchasing a new HVAC system could help you make your home more energy efficient and ecologically conscious.
Since 2015, JMB A/C & Heating LLC has been a trusted provider of HVAC repair in Chalmette, LA. We can help you fix any issues that your home’s HVAC system may be experiencing. If you’re living with an older, inefficient HVAC system, however, we can also assist you with new HVAC installation in Chalmette, LA. To learn more about ways that we can help you with all of your HVAC needs, reach out to one of our friendly, knowledgeable service representatives today.
Categorised in: Uncategorized