Is It Time to Replace Your HVAC Unit?
With the arrival of warmer summer weather, you may be wondering whether your home’s heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system is up to the task of keeping you cool and comfortable during hottest days of the year.
HVAC systems are long-lasting home appliances that, with proper care and maintenance, can last as long as a decade or more. If you’re experiencing trouble with an older HVAC system in your home, however, it may be time to upgrade your system and take advantage of the latest home ventilation and cooling technologies.
There are a number of benefits associated with new HVAC systems. For instance, new systems are much more energy efficient, thus reducing your energy expenditures. Additionally, newer HVAC systems are much more self-contained, meaning that you won’t need to invest in maintenance and repair as often as you might with an older system.
If you’re wondering whether or not now is the right time to invest in air conditioner installation in Chalmette, LA, here are just a few signs that might indicate that it’s time to upgrade:
- Your system is more than 10 years old: You should expect to replace your home’s HVAC system at least once a decade. If it’s been 10 years since you installed your current system, now is the time to prepare for HVAC replacement in Chalmette, LA.
- The cost of repairs is very high: Occasionally, the cost of repairing or maintaining your existing HVAC system will exceed the cost of replacement. You should never pay more to repair an old system than you would spend simply replacing it with the latest and greatest technologies.
- Your air conditioner uses R22 Freon: The federal government is phasing out the sale of R22 Freon, an important cooling agent in many older air conditioning systems. If your HVAC system relies on R22 Freon, it’s time to invest in a replacement now, before it becomes too challenging to find the necessary Freon mix.
- Your home is uncomfortable: One sign that you should invest in an HVAC replacement is that your home is generally uncomfortable, even when the system is running at full-blast. If you find your abode to be sweltering and muggy, don’t suffer in silence—invest in new air conditioner installation in Chalmette, LA.
- Your energy expenses are too high: If you find yourself spending much more on heating and cooling your home than you might expect, it’s probably because you’re running an inefficient HVAC system. Investing in a new system can help optimize the efficiency of your air conditioning habits, and reduce your overall energy expenses.
JMB A/C & Heating LLC is a premier provider of HVAC replacement in Chalmette, LA. We’re here to help you stay cool and comfortable throughout the summer season. If you’re looking for a trusted partner to provide you with dependable, high-quality HVAC service, reach out to one of our friendly representatives today. Contact us to learn more about our availability for air conditioner installation in Chalmette, LA this summer and beyond!
Categorised in: Air Conditioner