During the spring and summer months, temperatures can climb rapidly, leaving you feeling overheated and uncomfortable. To ensure that you stay comfortable when you’re at home, it’s important to know that your air conditioning system is going to perform the way it’s supposed to, no matter how high the temperatures get outside.
Unfortunately, a lot of homeowners struggle with AC issues, including systems that blow warm or even hot air. If your air conditioning system has low airflow or is blowing hot air, there are several potential causes of the problem that you should consider before calling for AC repair in Chalmette, LA:
- Dirty filters: Over time, HVAC filters accumulate a lot of dirt and debris. The dirtier your filters get, the less airflow there will be through your system. To ensure that air continues flowing effectively through your HVAC system, you need to clean or replace your filters on a regular basis. Replacing your filter will help maintain the performance of your HVAC system and can prevent hot air from blowing when your air conditioner is running.
- Dirty condenser coils: Like your HVAC filters, your condenser coils can also become dirty over time. If your condenser unit is located outside, it might get clogged with leaves, fallen branches and yard trimmings throughout the year. Inspect your outdoor unit to determine whether your condenser coils need to be cleaned.
- Air duct leaks: Ductwork carries treated air throughout your home, but if there’s a weak point in your duct system, you might lose air pressure. Leaky or damaged ducts can even increase the chance that hot air will blow through your system when you turn on your AC unit. Typically, this issue can be resolved with duct repair or replacement by a professional who offers air conditioning repair in Chalmette, LA.
- Low refrigerant: If your system is low on refrigerant, it won’t be able to effectively or efficiently cool the air in your home. You should check your refrigerant levels as part of regular maintenance for your HVAC system. If your refrigerant is low, it’s a sign that there is a leak in your system that will likely require professional repair.
- Drafts: In older homes, drafts can contribute to a loss of air pressure and temperature fluctuations that prevent your AC system from effectively circulating cool air through your home. If you’ve noticed that your AC system isn’t performing effectively or you are spending an excessive amount on cooling your space, it’s possible that drafts might be to blame.
Schedule AC repair in Chalmette, LA
If you’re looking for professional air conditioning repair in Chalmette, LA, reach out to the team at JMB A/C & Heating LLC. Since 2015 we have been proud to provide our customers with comprehensive HVAC services. We serve both commercial and residential customers, and our team has extensive training and experience with a wide variety of HVAC systems. Learn more about all of the services that we have to offer and request a quote by giving our team a call today!
Categorised in: AC Repair