Many of our clients wait until furnace replacement in Chalmette, LA becomes an emergency. Having your furnace completely die on a cold night is not the best course of action unless you want to pay more in emergency repairs or possibly live with space heaters during one of our busiest times of the year. Rather than suffer this dire scenario, schedule furnace installation when you know your current system is getting close to dying. Here are five signs that it may be time for a new furnace installation in Chalmette, LA:
- Age: Furnaces have an estimated life expectancy of 18 years. They may last longer, but that does not mean you should push your luck. The longer you wait, the more likely you will face a furnace failure. Also, there are efficiency concerns—older technology costs more to run and you are likely wasting energy. As heating and cooling technology becomes more efficient, you can save money by upgrading even if the initial installation expense sets you back.
- Higher heating bills: If your heating bills have noticeably risen, and the number of deep freezes has not increased with it, there are likely mechanical difficulties reducing your furnace’s efficiency. It is common for furnaces to work harder as parts start to wear out. Significant cost increases in your utility bills frequently follow a catastrophic failure. That money could go towards purchasing a new furnace instead of accommodating the death throes of your current one.
- Frequent repairs: Maintenance should be regular, but if there are constant repairs, those will likely transition to a replacement need soon. Furnaces require more repairs during their last two years of life, and if you find you call us more often as the latest quirk becomes a repair bill, it is likely time to consider furnace replacement in Chalmette, LA. This is especially true if you are calling in us in to address popping, banging or rattling noises. Those often suggest that failure is imminent.
- Poor temperature control: Dying furnaces often have two settings for your indoor comfort: heat that rivals that of summer or the feeling that you live in an icebox. Basically, you find that no effort or adjustment maintains your home at a comfortable temperature. If your furnace can no longer evenly maintain temperature through your home, then it is likely beyond repair and it is time to consider its successor. This could be an opportunity to upgrade to a programmable thermostat and enjoy the benefits of room comfort and energy savings.
- Burner flame color: Your burner flame should be blue. If it is yellow, watch out—your furnace is likely producing carbon monoxide, which is a threat to your entire household. At the very least, the yellow flame indicates your furnace no longer burns cleanly, and that also fails to help your air quality. A yellow flame requires immediate attention anyway, but if it is accompanied by soot streaks, rusted pipes and extra condensation around windows, call us immediately. You may have a safety hazard as well as a dying furnace.
If you need new furnace installation in Chalmette, LA, JMB A/C & Heating LLC are your experts. Call us today to schedule an estimate!
Categorised in: Heating Services